Asparagus and more asparagus ideas!
Posted June 3, 2014on:
As I said in my last post, we’ve been eating a lot of asparagus, so I thought I’d share a few ideas with you! here’s just a few and I’d love to hear how you like to prep your asparagus!
- Grilled in the oven with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. No cover, just flat out on a tray and roasted at 375 for about 15- 30 minutes.
- Steamed, served with lemon!
- Steamed or roasted and served with a shaving of parmesan.
- BBQ in a foil pack with olive oil and salt and pepper!
- Wrapped in prosciutto. Take 5 or 6 spears, wrap a slice of prosciutto around them and roast in the oven as above.
- Stir fried with shrimp and served over pasta tossed with olive oil or butter and parmesan cheese.
- Cream of asparagus soup! follow any of my cream soup recipes subbing the asparagus for the said veggie(broc or caul.)
- In a stir fry with portabella mushrooms, onion and yellow peppers and some chicken strips. Serve with rice, dinner!
- In a quiche!
- Asparagus A la cashews! Stir fried with cashews, garlic and ginger. top with soy sauce and sesame oil!
There you have it, ten ways to serve asparagus! Go forth and pee green!