Sour Cream Salad
Posted July 19, 2014on:
Growing up my mother always made this salad, as did my husband’s mother and it’s delicious! If you grew up with a garden in your backyard then likely you’ve had this too! You only need a few ingredients and voila the tastiest, freshest salad ever! To me this is comfort food and each bite full brings back memories of childhood dinners with a table full of siblings making all kinds of noise! You will need fresh leaf lettuce from the garden or the market!
- 1 head of fresh leaf lettuce washed and roughly chopped
- 250 ml sour cream, or goat’s sour cream or whichever sour cream you can tolerate!
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- salt and pepper
- have your washed lettuce chopped and ready to go.
- in a large bowl, mix the sour cream with vinegar and salt and pepper till runny.
- toss in your lettuce and combine.
- Serve with BBQ chicken, potato salad and watermelon for dessert!