Feeling like a Greek salad today? here’s a quick and easy recipe for you!
For the salad you’ll need;
- lettuce of choice, I like baby greens
- tomatoes chopped
- cucumber sliced
- red onion sliced thin
- feta cheese, I use goat’s feta for dairy-free
- red or green pepper sliced
- black olives sliced if you like them!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp oregano, basil, garlic powder, onion powder
- salt and pepper
- Layer your salad ingredients for a lovely presentation.
- shake the dressing ingredients in a cruet or a jar.
- Serve the salad already dressed or on the side, either will be great!
Always on the look out for adding protein to my diet I recently threw this recipe together in a jiffy! I love nuts and I love spice so ta-da spiced nuts! You can truly make this as you prefer but here’s what I did!
- 2 cups raw pecan halves
- 2 cups raw walnut halves
- 2 cups raw cashew halves
- 2 cups raw almonds whole
- 2 cups raw seeds (pumpkin, sunflower etc)
- 1-2 tbsp. pumpkin spice
- any spice could be subbed here, cayenne for heat, garlic or onion salt for tang etc
- Pre-heat oven to 325.
- Simply toss all the nuts and seeds together with the spices and lay flat on a tray.
- Bake for 15 -20 minutes keeping an eye on them not to burn! Every oven is different!
- Enjoy a handful in the afternoon for some staying power, push the salt cravings aside!
- This makes a huge batch, store in a large container with lid or a zipped bag!
I have to be honest and tell you that as a kid I was not keen on salmon patties. these though are so good, I’ll bet even a kid would eat them! Call them chicken patties though! Kids will eat anything that is called chicken! I remember as a child arguing with my aunt that her pork chops were chicken, she of course straightened me right up! I am pretty sure I’d let my niece believe they were chicken if it meant she’d eat them! Whatever, anyhow these salmon patties are very good and can be made gluten-free or not! so go ahead, get that can out salmon out of the cupboard and have a nice easy dinner!
- 1 can salmon, drained, juice reserved, bones removed too!
- 1 small onion shredded
- 3/4 cup of gf cracker/bread crumbs or gf oats or regular bread crumbs if you can have
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp dry dill
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- oil for frying, I like olive oil but use what you like (canola, walnut oil, sunflower, coconut etc)
- Drain the salmon, reserving 3/4 cup of the liquid. Flake the meat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the onions with the reserved salmon liquid, 1/4 c. of the cracker crumbs, eggs, parsley, mustard, dill and salmon. Mix until well blended, then shape into six patties. Coat/dip patties in remaining cracker crumbs.
- Pour oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook patties until browned, then carefully turn and brown on the other side.
- Serve with asparagus, kale salad and a nice pinot grigio! Enjoy!
- or have it however you like!
“Every little thing you do adds up, and before you know it, you’ve created your life.
And how you create your life ripples out and affects everyone and everything that crosses your path, known or unknown to you.”
This is a salad just chock full of super foods! It is tasty, easy to make and it is something different to serve to your family or guests! I think you’ll like it. Remember to slice your kale real thin, easier to digest, not to mention chew! Go kale!
- 1/2 -1 head Kale
- 1/2 broccoli shredded
- 8-10 brussel sprouts sliced very thin(mandolin or food processor)
- 1/2 green cabbage shredded or sliced very thin
- 1/2 radicchio sliced thin or chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds roasted
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 -2 tbsp. Dijon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Mixed all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. I like to use the food processor’s slicing blade to slice all my kale, brussel sprouts etc, but you do what works for you!
- Mix all the dressing ingredients into your cruet or a mason jar and shake!
- Just before dinner, pour the dressing over the salad and toss!
- This is a healthy, tasty salad that most people would love!